THE PACIFIC GREEN ENTREPRENEURS NETWORK IS OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING!!!
4 August 2021, Suva Fiji: The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) virtually launched the regional Pacific Green Entrepreneurs Network (PGEN), a 3-year project implemented by GGGI and funded by the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD). The Network will offer annual incubation and accelerator programs targeted at green and sustainable businesses (particularly those led by women and youth) in 6 Pacific Islands: Fiji, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu.
In delivering his keynote Address on regional perspective, PIDF Secretary General, Ambassador Solo Mara, emphasized the PGEN initiative is one of the growing number of platforms that the PIDF is collaborating with the GGGI.
“All of which are designed to encourage member countries to adopt sustainable development methods. In 2019, both parties oversaw the compilation of the Guide to Green Entrepreneurship for Fiji, Vanuatu and PNG, which supports green entrepreneurship and green jobs in the region with the provision of specific information on the requirements for starting a green business and its associated costs.”
Ambassador Mara further stated the PGEN is a key “building-block” initiative that will help us in the Pacific transition to a clean, renewable and inclusive green economic growth.
“PIDF is delighted to be part of this initiative and to contribute to this important event, and we wish the GGGI, the GGGI Project Associates and the various other partners and individuals that will be part of this three-year project, the very best in their endeavour, said Ambassador Mara.”
GGGI Pacific Green Entrepreneurship Network will be officially launched on 4th August at 11am (Fiji time)!
Pacific Green Entrepreneurs Network Project Details
The regional Pacific Green Entrepreneurs Network (PGEN) is a 3-year project implemented by Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) and funded by the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD). The Network will offer annual incubation and accelerator programs targeted at green and sustainable businesses (particularly those led by women and youth) in 6 Pacific Islands: Fiji, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu.
Register now by linking on the link https://bit.ly/3y0Ef85
The launch event will feature the following:
- Welcome and opening remarks
- Project Overview
- Message from GGGI & Qatar Fund for Development
- Keynote Address on Regional Perspective by Ambassador Solo Mara, Secretary General, Pacific Islands Development Forum
- Talanoa Session on “What is the future for green entrepreneurship in the Pacific?”
- Official Launch
- How to apply for Pacific Greenpreneurs incubator program
Incubator Program Details
- The incubator program will offer a 12-week training virtual training program for existing innovative early-stage green medium, small, and microenterprises (MSMEs), including women-owned firms, with demonstrated growth potential that are in pursuit of a scalable and repeatable business model, and citizens with relevant experience and entrepreneurial ambitions.
- Entrepreneurs in the incubator program will also be matched with mentors and have the opportunity to participate in business competition to secure grant seed fund capital of USD$5,000.
- The accelerator program will target high-potential start-ups in the growth stage and offer interest-free loans in amounts up to USD$50,000 as well as a structured program for providing links with investors.
Should you have any questions, you may contact the Pacific Green Entrepreneurs Network project team: Esther Bates (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Roshika Gaunder (email@example.com)