Working with us
RERIPA – RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICER
(Research – innovation and impacts of climate change in the Pacific) RERIPA.
The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. PIDF is a platform for catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economies in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with regional and international counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction, in the Pacific.
The position of Research and Innovation (R&I) Officer is part of the RERIPA project (“Enhancing Research and Innovation ecosystems to tackle climate change in the Pacific”), funded by the ACP Innovation Fund’s Research and Innovation Programme, implemented by the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), with funding from the European Union, to be based within PIDF in Fiji.
The overall objective of RERIPA is to; strengthen research and innovation (R&I) ecosystems of small Pacific countries, as well as networks of actors and strategies for innovative and sustainable solutions to the impacts of climate change. Participatory and multi-actor approaches will be favored, with the support of; scientific and traditional knowledge, project engineering and partnership structuring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will work in partnership with the respective PIDF and RERIPA In-Country Project management and implementation team, and will focus and evolve around the following areas:
- Facilitating interactions of the project actions with the Pacific R&I ecosystem;
- Support Living Labs in their Research/Innovation/Transfer processes of results, technologies, tools etc.
- Contributing to R&I capacity building (actors and users);
- Monitor and Evaluate R&I initiatives / activities;
Full description of duties and responsibilities can be accessed through the terms of reference available here: Terms of Reference_R&I
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful applicant should have the following Attributes/Qualifications/Experience/Expertise:
- University qualification of Master 2 (equivalent or higher), in the fields of Innovation and research development, research valorization, entrepreneurship and/or other relevant related fields.
- Knowledge of the organization of research & innovation ecosystems;
- Knowledge and experience of intellectual property;
- Experience in cooperation projects, in the fields of research, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable development;
- Experience working in a multi-site and multicultural context;
- Has an understanding and experience within the education, research and entrepreneurship sector in the Pacific.
- Fluency in English;
- Mastery of various software required for data analysis and other related computer tools;
- Ability to work in a team and effective Communication skills.
- Analytical and excellent writing skills;
How to Apply:
- Applications need to include a full resume and a cover letter inclusive of response to the key selection criteria.
- Email applications with the subject “RERIPA R&I Officer” to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday, 07th April 2023 at 12 midnight.
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer