CALL FOR PROPOSALS – RESEARCH INNOVATION AND IMPACTS
OF CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE PACIFIC (RERIPA).
A multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. Focused on catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with Regional and International counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
In consortium with IRD (Research Institute for Sustainable Development), Pacific Islands Association of Non-Government Organisation (PIANGO – Fiji), Pacific Island Development Forum (PIDF – Fiji), Vanuatu Meteorology & Geo-Hazard Department (VMGD – Vanuatu), will facilitate the implementation of the RERIPA project (“Enhancing Research and Innovation ecosystem to tackle climate change in the Pacific”), funded for 4 years (March 2021 to 2025) by the ACP Innovation Fund’s Research and Innovation Programme, implemented by the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), with funding from the European Union.
The overall objective of RERIPA is to; strengthen research and innovation (R&I) ecosystems of small Pacific countries, as well as networks of actors and strategies for innovative and sustainable solutions to the impacts of climate change. Participatory and multi-actor approaches will be favored, with the support of; scientific and traditional knowledge, project engineering and partnership structuring.
In accordance with the objectives of the Project; we are calling forth interested parties to submit their proposals in relation to the two separate calls listed below:-
- Mapping & Diagnosis of Research & Innovation Ecosystems, network facilitation and R&I Strategy; and
- Capacity Building in innovation and Valorization
How to prepare and submit a full proposal?
The RERIPA Call Secretariat is the main body in managing the Call. It will produce and disseminate Call documents and procedures. The Call Secretariat will give administrative support to applicants regarding the Call procedures. The Call Secretariat is the primary contact point of the Lead Applicant for all general matters in relation to the Call and during the follow-up and evaluation of project proposals.
Proposal contents and submission
Download from the PIDF website (www.pidf.int ) all necessary documents and information, including guidelines for applicants, templates, FAQs, etc. For more information on RERIPA, please see the RERIPA Grants Operations Manual.
If you wish to submit a project proposal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform about your intention to submit. RERIPA Coordination and Management Team will send you a personal link to upload your files once your application is complete.
Prepare the following documents that will make up your full proposal and it must be forwarded with your application (by email):
- Project proposal using the template in Annex 1.
- Project proposal Logical Framework in Annex 2
- Project proposal budget using the template in Annex 3 (See section 5.3 below).
- Official letter of support from the head of the applying institution (Lead Applicant) and from each Co-applicant, stating the project title, the funding requested by each Applicant to RERIPA, and the overall Project budget.
- Official documents certifying the creation, registration and status of the Lead Applicant and Co-applicants (among others, it should indicate the date of creation and address of the organisations).
- For the Lead Applicant, activity and financial reports, demonstrating experience and responsibility in the preparation and management of funded activities (evidence of having managed at least two contracts of at least €75,000 each between 2018 and 2021).
- CV of the Project coordinator (Lead Applicant) and evidence of his/her position in the Lead Organisation.
- CVs of the Co-applicants’ coordinators and evidence of his/her position in the Lead Organisation.
The documents of the full proposal must be written in English. The documents should be in PDF or XLS format (for the budget).
Closing Date: Applications should be submitted using the link provided by RERIPA Coordination and Management Team, not later than 28/02/2022, 23:59 CET.