VACANCY – RERIPA Project Manager
(Research – innovation and impacts of climate change in the Pacific) RERIPA.
The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. It is a space for catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with Regional and International counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
The position of Project Manager is part of the RERIPA project (“Enhancing Research and Innovation ecosystem to tackle climate change in the Pacific”), funded for 4 years (March 2021 to 2025) by the ACP Innovation Fund’s Research and Innovation Programme, implemented by the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), with funding from the European Union, to be based within PIDF in Fiji.
The overall objective of RERIPA is to; strengthen the research and innovation (R&I) ecosystems of small Pacific countries, as well as networks of actors and strategies for innovative and sustainable solutions to the impacts of climate change. Participatory and multi-actor approaches will be favored, with the support of; scientific and traditional knowledge, project engineering and partnership structuring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will work with and support the respective PIDF and RERIPA In-Country Project management and implementation and will focus and will encompass and evolve around the following areas:
- Project management
- Project implementation
- Project Reporting and Financials
- Research and innovation
- Leadership and supervision
Full description of duties and responsibilities can be accessed through the terms of reference available here: https://pidf.int/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/TOR-PIDF-Manager-RERIPA.pdf
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful applicant should have the following Attributes/Qualifications/Experience/Expertise:
- University qualification of Master 2 (equivalent or higher), in the fields of project management,
entrepreneurship and international cooperation for sustainable development;
- Additional scientific training, particularly in the field of climate, will be particularly appreciated.
- Several years of experience in managing international cooperation projects, including European projects, in the fields of education and training, research, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable development;
- Proven experience in project team management;
- Proven experience in general administration;
- Proven experience in public speaking (conferences, seminars, etc.);
- Experience in launching/steering calls for projects/calls for tenders is desired;
- Experience desired, in setting up projects in response to finalised international calls for tenders for research and/or development;
- Experience working internationally, in a multi-site and multicultural context is desired.
- Excellent project set-up, planning, coordination and management skills;
- Management and mobilisation ability;
- Ability to take initiative and make proposals;
- Analytical, summarizing and writing skills;
- Fluency in English; written and spoken French will be appreciated;
- Mastery of computer tools (spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc.);
- Sense of organisation and priorities, autonomy, method, rigor and meticulousness;
- Relational skills in small groups and in public;
- Knowledge of the issues of business creation, employability, professionalisation, research and development, innovation and digital culture;
- Demonstrated interest in the science behind environmental risk and climate issues;
- Ability to interact with the administrative structures of countries in the Pacific Region.
How to Apply:
- Applications need to include a full resume and a covering letter inclusive of response to the key selection criteria.
- Email applications with the subject “RERIPA Project Manager” to email@example.com .Closing Date: 8th October 2021
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer