VACANCY (Re-advertised) – RERIPA Administrative and Financial Officer
(Research – innovation and impacts of climate change in the Pacific) RERIPA.
The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. It is a space for catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with Regional and International counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
The position of Administrative Financial Officer is part of the RERIPA project (“Enhancing Research and Innovation ecosystem to tackle climate change in the Pacific”), funded for 4 years (from March 2021 to 2025) by the ACP Innovation Fund’s Research and Innovation Programme, implemented by the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS), with funding from the European Union, to be based within PIDF in Fiji.
The overall objective of RERIPA is to; strengthen the research and innovation (R&I) ecosystems of small Pacific countries, as well as networks of actors and strategies for innovative and sustainable solutions to the impacts of climate change. Participatory and multi-actor approaches will be favored, with the support of; scientific and traditional knowledge, project engineering and partnership structuring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will work with and support the respective PIDF and RERIPA In-Country Project management and implementation and will focus and will encompass and evolve around the following areas:
- Administrative and Financial Management;
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project implementation
- Project Reporting and Financials
- Supportive Secretariat duties
Full description of duties and responsibilities can be accessed through the terms of reference available here: ToR_RERIPA-Administrative–Financial-Officer_PIDF-ACP-IRD
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful applicant should have the following Attributes/Qualifications/Experience/Expertise:
- University degree or equivalent in administration and accounting and financial management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a position with administrative and financial management functions is required;
- Experience in administrative and financial implementation procedures of European and international donor-funded projects (with project procedure manuals) is desired.
- Specific experience of EuropeAid projects or comparable development cooperation projects will be particularly appreciated.
- Fluency in English; written and spoken French will be appreciated;
- Mastery of computer tools (spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc.);
- Open-mindedness and ability to work in a team;
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment;
- Interest in the education, research and entrepreneurship sector in the Pacific.
How to Apply:
- Applications need to include a full resume and a covering letter inclusive of response to the key selection criteria.
- Email applications with the subject “RERIPA Project Manager” to email@example.com. Closing Date: Friday, 11th March 2022 12.00 midnight FJT.
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer