VACANCY NO: 01/2022: DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES
The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. We are a space for catalysing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries.
We are an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with international institutions to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaborations on sustainable development & poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
The PIDF is looking for a suitable qualified person to fill the position of Director Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities- The Director Corporate Services has responsibility for the effective and efficient management of all aspects of PIDF’s Finances, Human Resources Management and Administration.
Key outcomes for this role include:
- Ensure that PIDF meets all financial, legal, governance and legislative requirements in relation to finance management.
- Effective management of the organization’s cash flow, budget and balance sheet, in accordance with instructions from the Senior Management. This includes the provision of high-quality financial management information and reports as required.
- Provide high level administrative, strategic planning and operational support and advice to senior management on administrative matters such as staff management, financial planning, facility management and information services.
- Evaluate and manage the organizations’ human resource systems and processes. Recommend and develop improvements to drive a positive culture and increased capacity to meet our organization’s goals.
- Ensure the effective management of PIDF’s assets and infrastructure, including buildings, equipment and vehicles, insurance, and lease negotiations.
- Ensure finance functions are informed by the objectives of our Strategic Plan and are delivered in accordance with our policies, vision, values, and principles.
The successful applicant should have the following attributes/experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resources Management / Accounting or related discipline are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Corporate Services role.
- Member of a Professional Institute.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to the principles underpinning good governance and sound Financial Management.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management skills.
Applications need to include a covering letter, a resume and response to the key selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 4th September 2022.
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer. The position is open for applicants from all member countries.