“The Pacific needs development processes that are:
- Outcome driven
- Prioritizes the re-balancing of the three pillars of development“
The Pacific Islands Development Forum is the only platform that meets this. It is a historical endeavor. It is:
- Establishing the Pacific’s first and truly representative and participatory platform on the Green Economy.
- Empowering the People of the Pacific as primary stakeholders in their development through the green economy to initiate the process and make joint decisions about its outcome.
- Giving value to voices never heard at this level of decision making in the Pacific.
- Empowering the people of the Pacific to handle challenges and influence the direction of their own lives through the green economy.