Coordinator I.T. and Communication
The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. It is a space for catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with Regional and International counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
PIDF has an immediate vacancy for a Coordinator I.T. and Communication. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, your duties and responsibilities will include providing all aspects of the IT and Communication systems. This includes IT Infrastructure, the server and network environment, IT security, procurement and maintenance of virtual communication systems, managing all PIDF websites, related web and mobile apps with a view to drive continuous enhancement of the research features, assist in production and pagination of reports & project brochures, and maintenance of IT policies, procedures and controls.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, a degree in Information Technology, Communications, Information systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or any other related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Have database design, operations and maintenance knowledge, LAN installation and administration
- Hardware Installation, upgrade, VMware virtualization
- Web designing and maintenance
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management
- Ability to effectively lead, work well within and across teams and departments, within the principles of good governance.
Applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees and telephone contact should be forwarded to Human Resources, PIDF, P.O. Box 2050, Government Buildings, Suva, or email HR@pidf.int by no later than Monday, 15th February, 2021.
PIDF offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer of choice.