The PIDF is a multilateral and multi-stakeholder organization focusing on a distinctive Pacific model of green growth in blue economies aligned to sustainable development principles. The PIDF is a permanent observer to the United Nations and is a member of the Inter-agency Collaborative Group on the Global Partnership on SIDS. It is a space for catalyzing, mobilizing and mainstreaming action in support of sustainable development through green/blue economy in Pacific Island Countries. PIDF is an action-oriented platform to identify innovative solutions and works closely with Regional and International counterparts to engage state and non-state actors to develop high-impact collaboration on sustainable development and poverty reduction in the Pacific Islands.
PIDF has an immediate vacancy for an Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Team Leader Corporate Services, your duties and responsibilities will include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the front office. Value added Support to the Secretariat through a variety of tasks related to the organization and front office supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage front office, answer and direct phone calls
- Greet and assist visitors to the office – providing general support to visitors, facilitating information by answering questions and requests
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Book travel arrangements, conference calls, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Maintain contact lists and produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Receive, sort and distribute the inward and outward correspondences
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Research and creating presentations
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Coordinate office procedures
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior staff
Qualifications and Experience.
- Relevant secondary and post-secondary qualification in any area(s) of Office Administration, Front Office Management, Secretarial, Tourism or Hospitality studies.
- A certificate or diploma would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point presentation.
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Ability to effectively work well within and across teams and departments, within the principles of good governance.
Applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees and telephone contact should be forwarded to “Administrative Assistant”, c/- PIDF, P.O. Box 2050, Government Buildings, Suva, or email HR@pidf.int by no later than 4.30pm, Friday, 7th August, 2020.
PIDF offers excellent benefits and salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PIDF is an equal opportunity employer of choice.